Friday, May 24, 2013

Five Minute Friday: View



Every Friday a bunch of us take the challenge. With a common prompt, we take 5 minutes to paint a mosaic of faith, life, love and struggle. Here is my tile. I invite you to read. Then write. And link it up. You never know what view God can open up to you till you let it all go and let it all out for five simple minutes.

GO
How do I write about view when mine is so dark? How can I speak of how to see things when my lens is shattered and my vision is blurry? I don’t. I stop speaking. I start walking. I must find a new vantage point so I make my feet travel a well-worn path. There are foot prints and tear stains and blood stains that mark the pilgrimage of others. I see my own there too. It’s not the first time I’ve had to drag myself up this hill. At the top is a view… It seems to reach through time. As I cast my eyes over the landscape below I feel like it is the whole world I see. There was another set of eyes that scanned this view and I believe they did see the whole world in all times. But his vision was dark too. Darkened by pain. His vision blurry from sweat and blood pouring into his eyes. So this is where I settle. Until my vision can become his. And I wait. I rest. I weep. And I know. He sees me. In this I find hope.
STOP


Five Minute Friday

3 comments:

  1. This is so beutiful and inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really beautiful, praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am stopping by and thinking about doing the 5 minute thing today...yours is great!

    ReplyDelete